Chelsea are reportedly very close to appointing former player and club legend Frank Lampard as a manager at the club to replace Maurizio Sarri.
The seeming move by the club for the young manager with very little coaching experience has been described as a gamble that could pan out well or turn out sour. Regardless, reports of his potential appointment continue to heighten.
But then, will Frank Lampard fit in at Chelsea? A club that’s known for not exercising patience with managers?
Reports are rife that he’s demanding assurances from Roman Abramovich but it remains to be seen how it pans out if the move materializes.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Lampard is confident Chelsea do not need new signings to achieve greatness
- Frank Lampard says he expect Hudson-Odoi to stay at Chelsea
- Hudson-Odoi has a huge opportunity in front of him says Lampard
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- Chelsea will annouce Ruben Loftus-cheek contract exetension
- Lampard’s Chelsea return very close
- Former Teammate backs Lampard for success at the Bridge
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Chelsea will play attacking football under Lampard
Well, Frank Lampard may get it right at Chelsea if he is given time. Regardless, here are some reasons why the Englishman may cut it at Stamford Bridge.
1. HE’LL GIVE YOUTH THE CHANCE TO SHINE
The Chelsea board have recently placed emphasis on bright talents at the youth setup making it into the senior team and thriving significantly.
Based on Frank Lampard’s time at Derby County alongside his work with some of Chelsea’s youth players on loan to the Championship side, he’ll definitely be the one that can make this dream come true at Stamford Bridge.
Chelsea have a lot of bright talents in the youth setup and they need a manager who can identify them and give them a chance to carve niches for themselves.
The likes of Fikayo Tomori and Mason Mount shone under Lampard at Derby and it’s a pointer that other bright and talented young lads will do well under him at Stamford Bridge if he’s hired.
2. FRANK LAMPARD KNOWS THE CHELSEA TRADITION
Frank Lampard knows the history of the club, and how far it has gone in the years he spent at the club. He also attracts a lot of positive emotions from the fanbase and this will be a major plus based on his little experience in management.
The fans will know to get behind him when the going gets tough and offer as much support as he needs to help him keep the club going. He’s a very familiar presence at Stamford Bridge and definitely knows how things work at the club.
3. FRANK LAMPARD LOVES CHELSEA
Here is one manager in recent times that will have a genuine love for the club as well as the badge, although he is no more a player.
Frank Lampard played his best football at Chelsea and stayed loyal to the club’s cause for more than a decade till he was well past his prime.
The Englishman loves the club and the fact that he’s English will also help the club attract more fans. Everyone knows that Frank Lampard loves Chelsea and will be ideal for the club in these challenging times.