- Higuain’s arrival reduced my game time at Chelsea.
- Giroud said he was furious at Sarri decision to sign Higuain.
The French international also said he was still angry after Manager Maurizio Sarri offered an explanation on why he signed Higuain.
Higuain arrived at Chelsea in January in an attempt to strengthen their striking options as Morata and Giroud both failed to score goals regularly for the Blues.
Higuain enjoyed a successful campaign under Maurizio Sarri during their time at Napoli and Sarri had hoped he could be the solution to Chelsea striker’s goal drought, the Argentine made 31 appearances for the Blues, in all appearances, he scored 7 and made 1 assist.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Why signing Higuain made me angry -Giroud.
- I feel blessed to have won the Europa with Chelsea- Giroud.
- Olivier Giroud craves winning a silver ware at Chelsea
- GIROUD EXTENDS CONTRACT AT CHELSEA
The world-cup winner said he was not happy after Higuain joined the Blues because his appearances for the Blues had reduced, adding that it wasn’t easy for him.
“When I didn’t understand Sarri’s choices, I went to see him, he gave me explanations,” Giroud told RMC.
“What was annoying was he preferred to recruit Higuain. My playing time did not improve and it was not easy.”
Savechelsea.net earlier reported GIROUD EXTENDS CONTRACT AT CHELSEA.
32-year-old contract extension clause has been activated and the striker now will represent the Blues till the end of 19/2020 season.
Please leave a comment in the box below.