- Willian has seemingly hinted at a rift with Chelsea manager Antonio Conte
- Willian won’t be the first Chelsea player to have any issues with the Chelsea manager Conte.
Willian has seemingly hinted at a rift with Chelsea manager Antonio Conte ahead of the FA cup final against Manchester United at Wembley on May 19. Willian has been in and out of the starting lineup recently and started just one of Chelsea’s last five league games.
He started 20 Premier League games in the course of the just concluded season, and regardless of this still emerged as Chelsea’s player of the year.
The Brazil international has been recently linked with a move to Manchester United where he will reunite with former boss Jose Mourinho. The two had a strong relationship when the Portuguese manager was at the club.
In a recent interview with ESPN Brasil, when asked how happy he was with the Italian manager, Willian responded:
“Oh boy! Do you really want me to tell you?”
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Chelsea and Arsenal reach agreement for David Luiz
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
- Blues eye permanent deal for Kovacic – Good or bad?
- The Blues must land a prolific striker this summer
- Chelsea FC should shun the lackadaisical approach
Willian and the interviewer laughed after the first question and he said:
“Well, some other… let’s save it for one next interview.”
His answer to the question lacked clarity, however, his first response may have given away some hints of a possible strain in the relationship between the two. Willian won’t be the first Chelsea player to have any issues with Conte.
Diego Costa was one who felt the full force of Conte’s wrath which resulted in a subsequent move to Atletico Madrid. David Luiz has also been alienated from the squad, as Christensen took his place.