Willian has opened up on his relationship with Chelsea manager Antonio Conte. The relationship between the two appeared to have gone sour as the 29-year-old wanted more first-team action. Conte used Willian not as frequently as the Brazilian would have liked and it may have affected the relationship between the two.
Chelsea ace Willian said: “I was happy with my performance during the season, I played very well I always try to do my best and work hard.
“Sometimes to stay on the bench is difficult but I respect the decision of the manager.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Champions League Draw: Everything You Need To Know
- Tottenham Vs Chelsea: Lampard Fires Back At Mourinho Ahead Of Carabao Cup Clash
- UEFA New Rule Will Affect Chelsea, Arsenal, Others
- UPDATE: Chelsea’s Eighth Summer Signing ‘Almost Done’
- Chelsea Decides As Inter Milan Offer Eriksen, Brozovic Plus Cash For Kante
- Declan Rice: See Details Of Chelsea’s Contract For West Ham Midfielder
- Chelsea Set To Give Willian No.10 Shirt To Pulisic
- Edouard Mendy Transfer Confirmation: Chelsea To Increase Bid
- Full Carabao Cup Second and Third Round Draw: Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham Features
- Chelsea and Manchester City In Pain Over Lionel Messi Transfer Blow As La Liga Issue Key Statement
“I don’t have nothing more to say about my club”
“I think it was that I don’t have nothing more to say about my club because now I want to have focus here on the national team and the World Cup.”
Willian is currently preparing alongside his teammates for Russia 2018. Meanwhile, reports emerged last month that Willian might leave the club if Conte remains in charge. However, his recent comments suggest he is happy at Stamford Bridge.
Man United are reportedly interested in Willian with Mourinho believed to be an admirer of the Brazilian and may be working towards a reunion at Old Trafford.