Willian has opened up on his relationship with Chelsea manager Antonio Conte. The relationship between the two appeared to have gone sour as the 29-year-old wanted more first-team action. Conte used Willian not as frequently as the Brazilian would have liked and it may have affected the relationship between the two.
Chelsea ace Willian said: “I was happy with my performance during the season, I played very well I always try to do my best and work hard.
“Sometimes to stay on the bench is difficult but I respect the decision of the manager.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea 2 – Sheffield United 2: The Blues Drop Points Again
- ULC Draw: Chelsea’s Champions League Opponents Revealed
- Full List Of Injured Chelsea Players Ahead Of Sheffield United Clash
- What Tammy Abraham Said After Opening His Chelsea Goal Account
- Chelsea: Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Kante
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Pedro
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Praises Mason Mount
- Norwich 2-3 Chelsea: Tammy, Mount Seal First Win For The Blues
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
“I don’t have nothing more to say about my club”
“I think it was that I don’t have nothing more to say about my club because now I want to have focus here on the national team and the World Cup.”
Willian is currently preparing alongside his teammates for Russia 2018. Meanwhile, reports emerged last month that Willian might leave the club if Conte remains in charge. However, his recent comments suggest he is happy at Stamford Bridge.
Man United are reportedly interested in Willian with Mourinho believed to be an admirer of the Brazilian and may be working towards a reunion at Old Trafford.