Willian has opened up on his relationship with Chelsea manager Antonio Conte. The relationship between the two appeared to have gone sour as the 29-year-old wanted more first-team action. Conte used Willian not as frequently as the Brazilian would have liked and it may have affected the relationship between the two.
Chelsea ace Willian said: “I was happy with my performance during the season, I played very well I always try to do my best and work hard.
“Sometimes to stay on the bench is difficult but I respect the decision of the manager.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Why Frank Lampard may fit in at Chelsea
- It’s arguable but Maurizio Sarri took the easy route
- This trio should be key players at Chelsea next season
- The Chelsea job is becoming less attractive
- Why Jose Mourinho should not return to Chelsea
- Inter Milan Appoints Antonio Conte as their new manager
- Again? Chelsea striker Giroud enjoys new swipe at Arsenal
- Former Real Madrid President Reveals What’s Holding Hazard’s Move To Real Madrid
- Chelsea Star, Eden Hazard Spotted With A Real Madrid Shirt
- Maurizio Sarri asks to be released from his Chelsea contract after agreeing Juventus move
“I don’t have nothing more to say about my club”
“I think it was that I don’t have nothing more to say about my club because now I want to have focus here on the national team and the World Cup.”
Willian is currently preparing alongside his teammates for Russia 2018. Meanwhile, reports emerged last month that Willian might leave the club if Conte remains in charge. However, his recent comments suggest he is happy at Stamford Bridge.
Man United are reportedly interested in Willian with Mourinho believed to be an admirer of the Brazilian and may be working towards a reunion at Old Trafford.