Chelsea attacker Willian believes that Maurizio Sarri’s attacking tactics is similar to Brazil’s Samba style and will help the Premier League club to flourish this season.
Willian provided the assist for N’golo Kante’s goal and Chelsea’s first of the 2018/19 Premier League season against Huddersfield Town after some nice work down the wings.
In an interview with ESPN, the 30-year-old Brazil international aired his opinion on Sarri’s new style at Stamford Bridge. He said:
“Is it fun to play this way? I think so. We have a lot of players with quality up front, like Eden Hazard and Pedro. Players like that want to play football,”
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- Lampard will bring some of his back room staffs to Chelsea
- Lampard’s Chelsea return very close
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Latest development on Gonzalo Higuain
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
- Blues eye permanent deal for Kovacic – Good or bad?
- The Blues must land a prolific striker this summer
“That’s why he (Sarri) talked about ‘fun’ football. This is what we will try to do this season. Is this like Brazil’s Samba style? Yes. This is what we do in Brazil and are trying to do here, playing with skill and movement.”
He is also very confident that Sarri’s new style will help rectify Chelsea’s current poor record against London neighbors Arsenal this weekend.
Chelsea had just 1 win in 8 games under Antonio Conte and will want to improve on their H2H against Unai Emery’s inspired Arsenal.
“The manager tells us to play, to enjoy ourselves on the pitch, with responsibility. Now we have a different style, that’s why we can create problems for Arsenal,” Willian added.
“Of course, it will be a special game against Arsenal because it is a derby. It is always difficult against them.”