- Hudson Odoi to sign new contract Willian to follow.
- Transfer ban forced Chelsea to change contract extension policy.
Hudson-Odoi is currently recovering from an injury he was recently operated on (Achilles tendon muscle surgery), the youngster will now sign a new five-year contract deal of £100,000-a-week to bring to an end his exit speculations.
Willian is likely to follow Hudson Odoi footstep and also pen a new 2-year contract deal amid the speculations linking him to the likes of Barcelona, Manchester United and PSG.
The Blues went out of their policy after they offered a new contract to David Luiz a player over 30.
Whilst Willian turns 31 this coming week, Chelsea look to make it a charm and offer Willian a new contract deal with their looming transfer ban, it’s unsurprising.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea given seven-day deadline to complete Mateo Kovacic transfer
- Why Frank Lampard is the best candidate for Chelsea job
- Chelsea unwilling to meet Willian’s contract demands as negotiations rumble on
- Chelsea reluctant to sell Kourt Zouma to Everton
- Chelsea makes Coutinho decision after discussion with Barcelona.
- Transfer ban is inevitable for Chelsea this summer
- Chelsea reluctant over making Matteo Kovacic deal permanent
- Chelsea appeal for transfer ban to the court of Arbitration of sport
- Willian to follow Hudson Odoi footstep and sign a new contract deal at Chelsea
- Chelsea to start serving transfer ban as they look to avoid extension punishment
The Brazilian international, who was targeted by Manchester United, Paris St-Germain and Barcelona in January transfer window has always been keen on staying at Chelsea.
The 30 year old was reported to be holding on a three years contract deal, but that looks to be coming to an end as he is expected to pen a new contract that would keep him at the Bridge till 2021.
Chelsea from the looks of it have been tying down their current players as Eden Hazard is already Madrid bound and their is little or no hope of signing a replacement in coming transfer windows.
Chelsea’s new captain Cesar Azpilicueta also signed a new four-year contract late last year, of which Olivier Giroud and Willy Caballero also signed and extra year contract extension.
Willian scored an unconvincing total of 3 goals and made 7 assists in 32 Premier League games for Chelsea and he started 28 of those games coming on as a sub in the remaining 4.
The west London side are already banned for two season transfer window and thus can’t sign or register any new player, unless their appeal submitted to court of Arbitration for sports is approved which is to either freeze the ban or scrap the penalty.
FIFA sanctioned Chelsea after proven guilty of signing young foreign player unscrupulously, after which the world’s football governing body rejected their appeal.
However you can read more Chelsea new on savechelsea.net with Chelsea to make final decisions on Higuain future at the club.