- Late equalizer against Manutd gives Chelsea big morale boost.
- We have what it takes to win the league this season says Willian
Willian has expressed the belief that Chelsea do not fear any Premier League team this season after an impressive start under Maurizio Sarri.
The Blues travel to face Burnley on Sunday sitting third on the log, two points behind league leaders Manchester City and Liverpool.
Chelsea escaped defeat last weekend against Man United at Stamford Bridge after Ross Barkley scored the equalizer in the dying minutes of the game.
Regardless, the Brazilian believes that the last gasp equalizer by Barkley’s is further proof that they have what it takes to fight for the Premier League this term.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea will announce new head coach this week
- There is no better manager other than Lampard
- Chelsea FC should shun the lackadaisical approach
- Who in the Chelsea team can replace Hazard?
- Chelsea are Offering a three year deal to Lampard
- Why Frank Lampard may fit in at Chelsea
- Lampard will thrive as Chelsea’s head coach
- It’s arguable but Maurizio Sarri took the easy route
- This trio should be key players at Chelsea next season
- The Chelsea job is becoming less attractive
In a chat with Soccer Saturday, Willian said:
“We know how important it is to play big games and to score in the last minute (against Manchester United) was amazing.”
“We have no one to fear in the Premier League this season, we have a team who will fight until the end and I am sure we are going to do that.”
He then attributed Chelsea’s performance this season to Maurizio Sarri.
“It’s been a very good start, we’ve played good football and it’s all credit to Sarri,” Willian said.
“The way he works, it is all about playing good football and he has given us more opportunities to show our quality more.”
The Brazilian also admitted that the morale in the dressing has been high since Sarri took over.
“I am not here to criticize other managers or how they worked because every manager has a different philosophy,” he added.
“Now everyone can see Chelsea is a good team
he [Sarri] is a very positive guy – very intelligent, a very good manager who talks all the time with us.
“Sometimes he has a lot of fun and jokes sometimes which is good to keep the atmosphere high.”
Willian expressed himself that saying he is happy at the bridge
“it is a new era at chelsea, playing under a coach and i believe we can achieve a lot of things together and above all i am happy playing for the club”.