- Antonio Conte could be heading out at the end of the season.
- Chelsea hopes to salvage her lost Glory with FA Cup finals Win
Gianfranco Zola has admitted that Antonio Conte wasn’t the same man we saw last season and that the Italian manager may be heading for a Stamford Bridge exit. Conte received plaudits as one of the great tacticians in the Premier League after helping Chelsea to the Premier League title in the 2016/17 season.
However, it has not been the case this season as Chelsea finished fifth on the log and subsequently missed out on a place in next season’s UEFA Champions League competition, due to inconsistencies which blighted the club’s performance.
Although there has been no admittance of a sour relationship between the manager and the Chelsea chiefs, he has apparently been at odds with them since the previous summer transfer window and is reportedly on his way out of Chelsea.
Conte was recognized for his wild and fiery manner on the touchline in his first season but appeared to be uncharacteristically cold this season, and Chelsea legend Zola has reflected on what has been a strange season for the Italian and for Chelsea.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Champions League Draw: Everything You Need To Know
- Tottenham Vs Chelsea: Mendy, Chilwell To Play Carabao Cup Clash
- Werner Unhappy With Chelsea’s Performance After 3-3 Draw With West Brom
- Emerson “Only Thinks Of Chelsea” – Agent
- UEFA New Rule Will Affect Chelsea, Arsenal, Others
- Chelsea Take Final Decision On Selling Ross Barkley
- Premier League Gives Update On Return Of Fans To Stadiums
- Chelsea Fans Back One Of Last Season’s Stars To Outshine Werner And Havertz
- UPDATE: Chelsea’s Eighth Summer Signing ‘Almost Done’
- Chelsea Decides As Inter Milan Offer Eriksen, Brozovic Plus Cash For Kante
Zola told Friday’s Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast.
“It’s been a very long season for Antonio,”
“He hasn’t been the Antonio we saw last year.”
“At many times we saw his long face and it wasn’t good for him and it wasn’t good for the team.”
“I really hope something happens because I honestly have a high opinion of him as a coach, as well as a person.”
“If you ask me, I really don’t know. I’m more likely to think he might leave.”
Ahead of the FA Cup final against Manchester United in Wembley, in which they have the chance to salvage some glory with a silverware, Zola added:
“It’s been a strange season for Chelsea,”
the Stamford Bridge hero added.
“They’ve been doing some good things, but then all of a sudden it goes. Knowing the personality of the players and the manager, it’s been a strange thing to me.”
“Everyone knows how important the game is tomorrow and what winning the trophy would mean, so I’m sure the players are focussed on ending the season in the proper way.”
In an earlier article, we reported that Chelsea should keep Sanchez in check at wembley
This is coming after the Manchester United star threatened that he will return to his scoring form against Chelsea fc at Wembly. Sanchez has been in the news for some time now for his inability to get on the scoring sheet.
Do you think, Chelsea’s defence is capable of holding Sanchez down? Comment below.