Chelsea legend Gianfranco Zola has expressed hopes that Eden Hazard will stay with Chelsea next season as he looks good to become a Chelsea legend. Hazard has attracted interest from Real Madrid and PSG, and he recently spoke on how the club’s decision in the transfer market could convince him to stay or leave.
Hazard has insisted that Champions League football is not a priority as he enters the last two years of his current Chelsea contract, although he is eager to see the quality the club brings in this summer.
Zola admires Hazard’s style of play and hopes that the attacker who has surpassed his 101 goals tally will continue to make a significant impact in London.
“It is a pleasure for whoever loves football to enjoy watching Hazard,” Zola told Goal, in the course of preparing for Chelsea’s Legends’ game against Inter Forever on Friday. “I am very glad that he plays for Chelsea.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Champions League Draw: Everything You Need To Know
- UPDATE: Chelsea’s Eighth Summer Signing ‘Almost Done’
- Chelsea Decides As Inter Milan Offer Eriksen, Brozovic Plus Cash For Kante
- Declan Rice: See Details Of Chelsea’s Contract For West Ham Midfielder
- Chelsea Set To Give Willian No.10 Shirt To Pulisic
- Edouard Mendy Transfer Confirmation: Chelsea To Increase Bid
- Full Carabao Cup Second and Third Round Draw: Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham Features
- Chelsea Makes Major EPL Signings, Tops United
- Chelsea and Manchester City In Pain Over Lionel Messi Transfer Blow As La Liga Issue Key Statement
- Stations To Watch Every Chelsea Match On TV In 2020/2021
“I am glad he improved on my records and I hope he is going to double them up, triple them up and it is good to see somebody who plays football so well.
“For him, it is good and it gives continuation to the club and supporters. I really wish so [that he can achieve my status]. I have been liked for a long time and people appreciated not only what I gave on the pitch, but the fact that I spent such a long time at this club. For Eden, I think it is going to be the same.
“There will come a moment for him where he gets a lot of commendation for this. You are always very happy when you see his commitment and passion for the club that you play for, so I am very, very happy about that.”
The legends game against Inter is set to take place in memory of Ray Wilkins who passed away last month. The game promises the participation of the likes of Michael Ballack, Javier Zanetti, Marcel Desailly, and Jurgen Klinsmann.